Only proceed with online booking if you can answer yes to all of the statements below:
1. The condition for which I am booking a cortisone injection is included in the following:
- Acromioclavicular Joint (AC Joint)
- Sternoclavicular Joint (SC Joint)
- Frozen Shoulder or Shoulder Tendonitis / Bursitis
- Tennis and/or Golfer's Elbow
- Elbow, Wrist, Thumb, Finger, Ankle, Toe or Knee Joints
- Humeroradial Joint (small joint in elbow)
- Carpal Tunnel
- De Quervain's (Thumb tendonitis),
- Trigger Finger / Thumb
- Hip tendonitis, Hip Bursitis / Trochanteric Bursitis or Hip Adductor Tendon
- Superficial hip flexor tendons (sartorius / Rectus Femoris),
- Proximal Hamstring Tendon (in lower buttock region),
- Iliotibial Band Bursa (outside of knee),
- Plantarfascia (pain under heel)
- Painful Bunions
- Morton's Neuroma
Cortisone Injections are not provided by IPS for:
- Hip Joints
- Sacroiliac Joints
- Achilles Tendon Injections
2. A cortisone injection has been recommended by a medical professional or I have had a cortisone injection to the same location previously.
3. I have not had / am not planning to have a Covid Vaccination within 2 weeks of proposed appointment date.
4. I have had less than 3 cortisone injections in the same location in the past 12 months.
5. If I am pregnant or breast feeding, I have spoken to my GP regarding having a cortisone injection.
6. I do not have any medical conditions and am not taking any medications I believe would prevent me from having a cortisone injection.
7. I have never had an adverse reaction to cortisone or local anaesthetic injection.
8. I have tried conservative treatment options including relative rest, standard physiotherapy treatment, exercises, medication prior to considering a cortisone injection.
9. I accept that a cortisone injection will lower my immune system for a few weeks and do not feel that this poses me a significant health risk.
10. I have read iPS' "Cortisone - Patient Information"
Please click the following link to confirm you have read and understood all of the above information on cortisone injections & you wish to proceed with booking an appointment.Continue With Booking